Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Run Around, Jump Back - PlayhouseSquare Jump Back Ball is happening!

The awesome Allison over at Confessions of a CLE Habitant g-chatted me late last week and informed me of some spectacular news...  She had an extra ticket for Jump Back Ball! I had all intents to buy tickets and the day I tried to purchase my tickets, they SOLD OUT.  I've never been to this party before.  And I use the word party because from all accounts... IT. IS. A. PARTY.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What's Jump Back Ball
It's a benefit.
Hosted by and for PlayhouseSquare. 
Cleveland's young professionals come dressed to the nines. 
Each year is a new theme.
This year's theme is Through the Looking Glass. 


So now I'm in insanity mode of pulling together a fun, flexible (uh, because I'm going to be dancing like J.Lo when she was a fly girl) and fabulous dress in T-MINUS 5 days. 

Thank goodness for girlfriends!  I've had a few open closet offers and will be power shopping tonight. 


Here's what I've pulled together so far. 





My goal is to find a fascinator to pull together an Alice in Wonderland character. JBB has a list of costume ideas and I am all-kinds-of about this!

Yes Cleveland. This. Is. Happening.

And I laughed out loud reading Confessions of a CLE Habitant's post about CLE Shopaholic and Cleveland's A Plum having a fashion show this weekend.  Knowing these girls and so many other INCREDIBLE CLEVELANDERS will be dancing the night away and celebrating Cleveland makes my power-shopping so worth it. 


Do you have a formal dress shopping routine? Check out CLE Shopaholic's rules for successful dress shopping. 

So, seriously, any secrets on how you prep for a big formal event?  Give me tips, friends!

3 comments:

CLEshopaholic said...

LOVE those glitter shoes!!!! I think you're on the right track- since you're keeping the dress simple you should totally go all out with the fascinator!! And big jewelry!!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you're going to look hot!! Can't wait :)

Allison M. said...

best date ever!

I seriously need a damn hat now!