Monday, April 14, 2008

South Beach Diet & Wasabi Soybeans

So I'm goin to Vegas in June...June 16th to be exact. That's like....60 days away?

And with my love of food, I have to watch what I eat during the week and hit the gym at least 4 days a week. I've discovered actually LOSING weight has proven to be a little more difficult than "maintaining". So moms and I decided to go on South Beach together starting today.

Problem #1 - I friggin hate fish. I know, I know, I love food, but hate fish "It's so good for you" blahblahblah. Look - I don't like it, never have, never will. It's slimy, scaly, smells horr-anus and tastes like it smells. Case closed.

However, on South Beach, you eat - more or less - fish and lettuce for two weeks. Super sweet. So I went online to see what I can still eat this next two weeks without breaking down and eating a bag of Scoop Frito's in 30 seconds flat. I found a pretty sweet list online that I printed out and posted at my desk - now it's like a little devil staring at me, prodding me to glance at the "FOODS TO AVOID!" section, which is everything I hold dear in life.

Well, I discovered an "allowed" snack at the West Side Market on Saturday - soybeans. Even better, these soybeans have wasabi on them, making them painfully enjoyable. I may sh*t fire in the next day or two, but currently, they're little morsels of joy.

Problem #2 - "Limit Caffeine-Containing Beverages to 1 - 2 servings per day"
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.....typically I have a venti non-fat latte for breakfast and diet Pepsi to sustain me throughout the rest of the day. So not only will I starve, but I'll also have the energy of an 85-year-old man. Supersweet....


Wish me luck! Gooooooooooooo diet!

No comments: